Testing in Altinn Studio
An app can be tested in Altinn Studio without migrating to a test environment. This is a way to check that the app looks and behaves as expected.
Testing is available once a data model has been uploaded to the service.
- Select Test -> Manuell in the top navigation menu.
- Select a test user from the list of available users.
- Choose to start a new instance, or to reuse an existing instance (if any are available). By using an existing instance, data used in a previous instance can be re-used.
The following can be tested in Altinn Studio:
- Layout/look of service
- Client-side validations on data model
- Dynamics (f.ex. hide/show)
- Client-side API calls
- Loading of code lists
The following needs to be tested in a complete test environment:
- Server-side logic (validation/calculation)
- Server-side API calls
Complete test environments are currently not available. The documentation will be updated when it is possible to test a service in a test environment.